Auditions for jazz bands and combos will not be in person this year due to social distancing requirements. Your audition will be by video submission. Adhere to the following instructions:
- Record a single, un-edited video performance of the materials in the order listed below. You can take a break between the prepared piece and the improv, but do not stop the recording. It needs to be continuous, as if you were playing it in person.
- You may record your audition as many times as you like before submitting the final version you feel best represents your finest playing.
- Upload the video to YouTube, make it unlisted, and email me the YouTube link. Please email your link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the following google form about your availability, contact info, and which ensembles you’re auditioning for: Availability form
- Submit your video link via email by 3:00pm, Wednesday, September 2, 2020. No late submissions will be accepted.
Below is the list of the audition materials: a prepared piece and improv (3 choruses of either B-flat blues or F blues).