Auditions for large ensembles (bands and orchestras) will not be in person this year due to social distancing requirements. Your audition will be by video submission. Adhere to the following instructions:
- Record a single, un-edited video performance of the excerpts in the order listed below. You can take a break between each excerpt, but do not stop the recording. It needs to be continuous, as if you were playing it in person.
- You may record your audition as many times as you like before submitting the final version you feel best represents your finest playing.
- Upload the video to YouTube, make it unlisted, and email me the YouTube link. Please email your link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your video via email by 10:00pm, August 30, 2020. No late submissions will be accepted.
Please note: the Wind Symphony will be touring Europe in Spring 2021, if conditions allow. If you are placed in Wind Symphony, you are committing to participate in the tour.
Below is the list of the audition materials. You can find all of the music at tromboneexcerpts.org, using the links provided below for each excerpt. Prepare the portion of the music shown on tromboneexcerpts.org, unless otherwise noted. Non-majors may elect to prepare a solo of their choice instead of the below excerpts.
4) Ravel, Bolero (optional, but necessary if you want to be considered for first chair in the Wind Symphony)